Wednesday, December 10, 2014

"The Crush"

I almost didn't put this book on here because it is not a book that I would normally read. I had a friend recommend it to me, so I thought I'd check it out...and while I will probably never read more of Sandra Brown's work, I did enjoy "The Crush". Her writing honestly just sucked me in. I read this book in all my free time over a couple of days.

It's about a female doctor who serves jury duty and the criminal that ends up being acquitted becomes obsessed with her. Then the cop that is investigating a murder of one of her co-workers falls for her too, and the two battle for her affections - the criminal in a break-into-your-house creepy way, and the cop in a big-tough-cowboy I'm going to protect you way.

This book has just the right mixture of mystery, suspense, comedy, and romance. It also is full of swear words and some fairly detailed intimate scenes. That's the stuff I try to stay away from, so like I said, I won't be reading any more of her books. However, if that doesn't bother you and you are looking for a new author to check out, then definitely check out Sandra Brown. I just wanted to put this book on here to give you a heads up in case you pick up one of her books and don't know what to expect.


The Crush

No comments:

Post a Comment