Saturday, February 28, 2015

"The Traveler's Gift"

This is THE book. I have read a handful of motivational books in my years and I have NEVER found a book like "The Traveler's Gift", by Andy Andrews. One of the finance guys at my work lent this to me and I ate it up. Now I am going to buy my own copy so that I can lend it out to everyone I know. This book takes motivation and inspiration to the next level and makes it personal. This is a story about a man named David Ponder. He thinks life can't get any worse. He got laid off at work, and the only job he can find is minimum wage, he is falling behind on his bills, and he finds out his only child needs her tonsils removed which is something he simply cannot afford. Right after he gets this devastating blow his boss fires him. Now he's unemployed, broke, and the only way he can see to save his family is by taking himself out of the equation and leaving them with his life-insurance.

This decision turns out very differently than he could have ever imagined. One second he is spinning on black ice, the next he is opening his eyes in President Truman's office. Truman is expecting him and has some very wise advice for David. He tells him he is only the first of seven people that David will be visiting, and all will have something from their lives to share with him. This includes Christopher Columbus, Anne Frank, King Solomon, and the angel Gabriel. Each person gives David a glimpse into their lives, and leaves him with a decision that will help him have personal success. He returns to his life with these seven decisions written down and is able to turn his life around by following them.

This book is incredible. I don't care who you are or where you are at in life, you can benefit from this book. It's not just some guy saying "I did it! You can too! You have potential!" Those kind of motivational books kill me. This book has seven decisions that are very personal, very real, and apply to everyone. Even if you think you already have the perfect life, you should still read this book. Read it and then share it. The world would be a better place if we all made these decisions. I give this book a very bright and shiny five stars. Read it and let me know what you think!

The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions That Determine Personal Success

No comments:

Post a Comment