Saturday, March 19, 2016

"Throne of Glass"

I was so excited to try something new this time around. I had so much to say about the "Throne of Glass" series, by Sarah J. Maas, that I decided to do a video to tell you all about it. So I got my room all set up, I had to set my laptop on a stack of books on a stool so I could get the lighting just right, and then....my video won't load. :( Turns out I had too much to say about this series and my video was longer than Blogger lets you post. SO, after almost a week of trying to get that video on here, I am going to just write my review instead. (Add pregnancy brain to the equation and it's no wonder it has been so long since my last post).

The "Throne of Glass" series is currently comprised of 4 books, with the fifth one being released this fall. The first book, "Throne of Glass", is about a young girl in one of the worst prisons imaginable. One day she gets an irresistible offer to be taken out of the prison and become a competitor in a tournament to become the kings champion. Because she also happens to be the most famous assassin around. Celaena, has to fight some of the most ruthless men in the kingdom to win her freedom. All while trying to figure out what evil is lurking in the castle and claiming lives of unsuspecting victims.

The next three books are as follows: "Crown of Midnight", "Heir of Fire", and "Queen of Shadows". Once Celaena gains her freedom she is thrown into situations that involve way more emotions than she has let herself feel in years. She finds friends in unlikely places and discovers new relationships. An irreversible tragedy occurs that turns Celaena's life upside down and suddenly friends become enemies and she has to travel to a different land. She meets someone (my favorite character) that helps her realize her true potential and guides her on her journey to fulfilling her destiny.

These books are full of rich characters, an interactive storyline, and twists and turns that will keep you guessing. There are assassins, princes, witches, demons, Fae warriors, and so much more. The setting of the story is unique as well. Sarah created an entire world where there is a mixture of old-fashioned, modern, and fairy-tale. You will live, eat, and breath these books. It satisfied my need for action, comedy, thrill, and of course, romance. This is on my top 3 favorite series list, and it will earn it's spot on your list too. High school age and older is who I would recommend reads this. 5 out of 5 stars. Check this out and please take the time to let me know what you think. I'm dying to know!

23599075 17167166 20613470 18006496

Disclaimer: I tried to keep this review as "spoiler proof" as possible. Each of the titles of the books will lead you to a more in depth description if you would like. :)


 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment