Tuesday, November 25, 2014

"How Will You Measure Your Life?"

I'm going to start by being honest with you, I didn't finish reading this book. There are very few books that I haven't been able to push through and get to the end of, but "How Will You Measure Your Life?", by Clayton Christensen, James Allworth, and Karen Dillon, is one of them. The idea of this book is to help the reader look at their life and make choices that will ultimately make them happier. I think my problem with this book is that I already have the life that I want, so there wasn't a lot for me to learn. However, I can see this book being very helpful for someone who is still trying to figure life out. (It does not matter if you are 19 or 49, we all go through a phase where we have some big questions to answer. So it's nothing to be embarrassed about). It does have some advice on how to find a meaningful career that will add to your personal life instead of detract from it. As well as some sound advice on how high up your list of priorities your family should be.

 I would suggest this book for someone who is still trying to find their niche in the working world and could maybe use a little advice for their personal lives as well. The author is LDS, which means that his advice and teachings are in line with how the church teaches it's members to live even though he never actually brings the gospel up in his writing (at least it wasn't in the part of the book that I actually read). This wasn't the book for me, but it may be something you will want to check out. Let me know what you think!


13425570

No comments:

Post a Comment