Tuesday, September 30, 2014

"Falling"

My Step-dad is a helicopter pilot, so naturally I think of him when I see anything related to helicopters. Which is half of what drew me to the book "Falling", by Clair M. Poulson. The other half is that Poulson is my FAVORITE author and I know that I will enjoy anything that he writes. "Falling" is a suspense novel that masterfully ties together a little bit of mystery, suspense, adventure and romance.

Major Corbin Daniels retires from the military after losing his fiancĂ©e and co-pilot on a mission in Afghanistan. He decides to slow life down by starting a duel business as a private investigator and transporting tourists and oil-rig workers  in Moab, UT. On one of his flights carrying workers from the rig back into town a passenger sees what looks like a body on the desert floor beneath them. Deciding to land and check it out is what starts Major Daniels down a road of murder, kidnappings, bombs, break ins, and death threats. Drawing on his military experience, he helps the attractive and independent Sheriff Lisette Statton track down the killer and put all of the "bad guys" either in jail or in the ground.

This book starts with action on the very first page and doesn't slow down until the last. Poulson has a way of grabbing your attention and keeping it until long after you've finished the book. It is a quick and clean read and I would highly recommend it for readers of all ages.


Falling

No comments:

Post a Comment