Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Jayson Wolfe Series

I would have had this post on here a while ago, but I didn't know that the series consists of five books instead of four. I got to the end of the fourth and went, "Really? That's how she ends it?", so I googled the series and that's when I became aware of the fifth and final book. The Jayson Wolfe Series, by Anita Stansfield, is definitely my new favorite series. The main character, Jayson, is a brilliant musician who overcomes all sorts of trials to get his music out to the world. This is one of the few series that I have read that spans a major part of the character's life, instead of just a year or two. It starts when Jayson is a teenager and ends when he is in his 40s, so you really get to know him. He has to overcome death, heartbreak, loneliness, drugs, infidelity, and many other trials during the course of his life, all while holding to his roots and core beliefs. In the middle of one of his worst trials he finds the gospel and the last couple of books show how he uses his testimony to help him stay grounded and positive while living the life of a temple recommend holding rock star. 

I thoroughly enjoyed these books, mainly because it was so easy for me to relate to the main characters. Being LDS myself, I was really able to connect with Jayson and his family and I learned how truly important it is to apply the gospel to everything in our lives. These books are most certainly worth the small amount of time that it will take you to read them. They are uplifting and encouraging and may bring some peace into your life while you read them. They are a good clean read for all ages and I am sure you will enjoy them just as much as I did.


The Sound of Rain A Distant Thunder Winds of Hope Shelter from the StormThe Silence of Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment