Thursday, September 4, 2014

"The Fault in Our Stars"

This is one of those books that seemingly pops out of nowhere when it becomes a movie and suddenly becomes a huge hit as people either read the book before they see the movie, or loved the movie so they read the book. Maybe I'm just out of the 'loop' but I had never heard of "The Fault in Our Stars", by John Green, until I saw the first movie trailer. It immediately intrigued me and fortunately for me my sister-in-law decided to give me the book for my birthday.
The Fault in Our Stars
One of the reviews for this book, and it's written on the cover, says, "Filled with staccato bursts of humor and tragedy". This couldn't be more true. I'm smiling and laughing out loud on one page then crying on the next. The author takes the tragedy of battling cancer and turns it into this beautiful, humorous, and outrageously romantic story. The characters are intelligent and witty and you fall in love with them right from the start. Depending on how quick you read, this book may take just a day or two to get through. It's definitely a day or two worth spending. Just a heads up, there is some language and brief sensual content in this book, so if that is something you disprove of in your literature then you may not want to read this one. Let me know what you think!




No comments:

Post a Comment