Thursday, August 28, 2014

"White Chocolate Moments"

I don't know anyone that does not enjoy a good clean romance. Some of my girl friends growing up (who were really more boyish than girl, myself included) pretended to not get swept away by romantic stories, but as soon as we got together and started talking about the latest book or movie our tomboy side disappeared and we'd all sigh and talk about how great the story was. Well that's what the book "White Chocolate Moments", by Lori Wick, did to me, only no one I know has read it so I don't have anyone to sigh with. This book has a great story to it which I will give to you in a nutshell.

The main character grows up with her uber rich grandpa after her parents die, decides to venture out on her on when she turns 18, finds a job doing manual labor and has some pretty humbling experiences, also has to overcome some emotional issues from losing her parents at a young age, and through it all she manages to get an amazing guy to fall for her even before he knows that she is the granddaughter of one of the richest guys around. I really enjoyed this book because Arcineh, the main character, chooses to leave the comforts and riches of her previous life behind to prove to herself that she can make it on her own. She's not a spoiled brat like I expected her to be, she's actually a character that I kind of look up to because she refuses to use her relation to her grandfather to help get her ahead, especially when it could have helped her a lot when she was looking for a job.

This is good clean romance at it's finest and I highly recommend that you read it. It's about 350 pages, but it's a fairly easy read, so you'll only get to enjoy it for a few days. If you do read it, let me know so we can talk about it and sigh together. :)


White Chocolate Moments


No comments:

Post a Comment