Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The Divergent Series

Divergent has become a very popular motion picture, and in my opinion it is a movie that sticks fairly close to the book. Which I appreciate. The Divergent Series, by Veronica Roth, takes you in to a post world war 4 society that has been separated into 'factions' to help control the peace. Someone who doesn't fit into these factions is considered 'divergent' and is a threat to society. The main character, well two main characters really, show the reader what it means to truly be brave and selfless. Honestly before reading these books I thought that being brave meant that you weren't afraid of anything, but I have learned that it really means that you can face what you're afraid of and not crumble in fear. This story will suck you in with it's perfect mixture of trials and triumphs, battles, and romance. I also felt like it had this underlying message telling the reader, "you can do hard things".

The characters dedication and determination is inspiring, yet almost annoying at times. I wanted to yell into the pages, "You don't have to do that! It's okay to be selfish and just walk away!".  You'll have to read the books to see what I mean. The series consists of three decent sized books, which may take a couple of weeks to get through. I read the whole series in less than a week, but that's because I was on maternity leave and had loads of free time. If you enjoyed reading "The Hunger Games" or the Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie, then I would highly suggest you read this series. Be sure to let me know what you think when you are done!


Divergent (Divergent Series #1)Insurgent (B&N Exclusive Edition) (Divergent Series #2)  Allegiant (Divergent Series #3)

No comments:

Post a Comment