Monday, August 25, 2014

"Lightland"

I'm going to share a secret with you, and if you are like me and you enjoy books that depict what the world will be like after everything goes kaput, then you are going to like this secret. My secret is a book called "Lightland", by Kenny Kemp. Ever heard of it? Neither had I until my mom brought it home from Costco one day. She said there was a guy sitting at a table all by himself and she didn't know what he was doing until she got closer and realized that he was an author doing a book signing for the book "Lightland". She felt bad for him because all these people were just walking by so she stopped and purchased a copy. I am so glad she did that! This book is about how a disease overtakes the world and the only hope society has is in a 6,000 year old skeleton and the canopic jar buried with it. "Lightland" will take you on an intense adventure, with some unpredictable twists, as the main characters battle to protect and use K'tanu (the skeleton) to save what's left of the humankind.

It will definitely hold your interest from start to finish. It also has a touch of romance and there were a few parts, I must admit, that made me cry. It's a book that you could easily get through in just a few days, (I suggest planning to read it on days where you won't be very busy because you won't want to put it down!). If you have already read "Lightland" or anything else by this author please let me know! I'd love to hear what you thought about the book!

Lightland




3 comments:

  1. Ashley NelsonAugust 28, 2014

    Um, these are my favorite type of books. I was telling my sister how much i love post apocalypse books yesterday but how I can never find good ones! Ha this is why we are best friends. I love you and I LOVE your new blog! and your baby ha not brock. ps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ash! I have an awesome series that you need to read (I have all the books so you can just borrow them :) It's The Great and Terrible series by Chris Stewart. SO amazing and SO religious, there is so much scripture tied into his writing it's AWESOME. It's basically what will really happen during the second coming. I will be writing about that series on here in the near future :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley NelsonAugust 29, 2014

    Sweet!! I've heard a lot about them, I think Alex read them. I would LOVE to borrow them and LIghtland. haha I just need to come over!

    ReplyDelete