Friday, August 22, 2014

"What to Expect When You're Expecting"

Ok, so I recently had a baby (she's 2 months old!) and I had people left and right recommending material for me to read. So, I thought I would do a little segment on here for some of the books that are out there. "What to Expect When You're Expecting", by Heidi Murkoff, Arlene Eisenberg and Sandee Hathaway, is probably the most well known pregnancy book out there, and for good reason. This book really breaks down what you can look forward to during your pregnancy. It lists how the baby grows and develops each month, how you grow and develop, the symptoms you can expect, and some of the things that your care provider will look for at your appointments. It also includes tips for how to handle some of the side effects of pregnancy and has valuable information for those carrying multiples. As well as going into what you can expect of your body right after delivery.

 I found this book to be very helpful and there is even a website to go with it found here which has even more information than the book. I kept this book on my nightstand for a quick reference throughout my pregnancy. It's not the type of book you have to read cover to cover, you can just skim through to read what interests/applies to you. It's definitely something good to have around, especially if this is your first pregnancy.

What to Expect When You're Expecting

No comments:

Post a Comment