Friday, August 22, 2014

"A Child Is Born"

Looking for a book that tells you ALL about what's going on inside that pregnant belly? And when I say all I mean ALL. The book "A Child Is Born", by Lennart Nilsson, is an all inclusive book that focuses solely on the baby. It starts with the decision to have a baby, then describes how a baby is conceived, then has week by week descriptions and pictures of how a baby grows and develops inside the womb and ends with the delivery. Now, for first time moms this book is probably not for you. It is full of pictures (of real live people) that illustrate what the author is discussing.

I personally was not prepared to see some of the stuff that is in this book. Not that anything about it is inappropriate, it's just that I couldn't really appreciate the beauty of pregnancy and birth until I actually went through it myself. Looking back through this book now doesn't really affect me like it did before. However, if the pictures don't bother you and you genuinely want to know everything about that little life that's growing inside you, then I would highly recommend this book. It's not very long and is mostly pictures, I loved having so many photos of the developing baby because then I knew exactly what this little thing kicking inside of me looked like. So go ahead and pick this book up, it will definitely satisfy your curiosity.


A Child is Born

No comments:

Post a Comment