Thursday, August 21, 2014

"The Millionaire Fastlane"

One of today's problems is that it is so easy for us to live outside of our income. It's basically impossible to tell how much someone makes because you never know if they can really afford that new lifted truck or if they bought it with a loan that has a ridiculously high interest rate because their credit is maxed out. "The Millionaire Fastlane: crack the code to wealth and live rich for a lifetime", by MJ DeMarco, breaks it down and describes how to truly live a wealthy life. One of the authors keynotes is defining 'wealth' as having freedom. Yes you have a nice new truck, and you also have the freedom to drive it everyday because you don't have to worry about how much gas costs. He argues that to be truly free we have to be able to control every aspect of our own lives, (you will have to read it to understand what he means by that).

This book is very informative, although I thought he could have gotten his point across in probably half the amount of pages. It's not exactly an easy read because he does use some terms and analogies that can be hard to understand at first (I personally had to reread some pages because I didn't quite get it all the first time). However, if you would enjoy some fresh ideas on lifestyle changes and how to better your income then this book may be just right for you.

Plan on spending some time with this one. I chose to read a little each day (during my lunch breaks at work) instead of trying to binge read the whole thing, which helped me learn more from the book because I was able to take time to really consider the theories he was sharing. Anyways, would recommend for those who are into ideas on how to "make it big", and like I said previously, plan on spending a couple weeks with this one to really be able to soak it all in. If you do read it, let me know what you think! I love to discuss topics like this and the only person I have right now is my husband, so I would love to hear from you!

The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment